Saturday, August 08, 2015

MegaCon 2015


The next leg in my never-ending quest to champion the finest Planet Jimbot has to offer finds me in Carlisle for the MegaCon on Sat 15th Aug. Time is 12-7pm. Location is Richard Rose Central Academy, Edgehill Road, Carlisle CA1 3SL. It's a really nice location. Very spacious and light. MegaCon put a lot of work in making it an immersive experience. There are a lots of things happening on the day - cosplay, workshops, X-Wing and trading card tournaments – and wrestling.


The only one of these I'm definitely participating in is a writer's workshop, which I'll be taking at 1pm. I'm trying a different tack this year with: '99 easy steps to creating a comic'. It'll be brainstorming all the way, where we start with an empty whiteboard and we'll see where this gets us in the end. I intend to cover absolutely everything that goes into creating and self-publishing a comic book - starting with the initial story idea and ending with getting the book out there in front of an unsuspecting but hopefully appreciative world. Audience participation is not only welcome but positively encouraged!

I'll be there all day selling, signing and discussing GoodCopBadCop, Wolf Country, Amongst the Stars, Amazing & Fantastic Tales, Food Chain and our brand new super-hero comic book 'App-1'. Tickets on sale at the door. People of Carlisle I hope to see you on the day.

No comments: