Sunday, January 18, 2009


Jimbo's Top 9 of 2008 #2: Samurai Mack

It has been my great privilege to work with many great artists - and oh man in my humble opinion come up with some pretty damn good work. Occasionally - only very occasionally - I read a strip that ends up as near perfect as I imagined in my head. It's one of those very rare things, where the artist takes my panel descriptions and produces an end product story and art (but especially story) with which I can find no fault. 'Samurai Mack', which appeared in Cartoon Network Action Pack 29, did just that. And that's why it's number 2 on this little list of mine. Winter woolly hat off to artist Mr Philip Moy. He's one to watch guys and gals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just finished reading this one. All I can say is, dang, you're good.