Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jimbo's Top 9 of 2008 #7: Sideburns: Conjoined Sins
Appearing in Bullet Proof #2 a rather eclectic, bold new UK anthology edited by Matt Yeo. Or should I say reprinted but with a spanking new lettering makeover. Lets face it the number of lettering mistakes on its original publication in Negative Burn was nothing less than shocking. Superbly drawn by Jon Haward, this was the second outing of our dog-eared ham shackled private detective. And not particularly lovable either as in the end he condemns one of his friends to a brutal gang war execution. I can't quite remember what frame of mind I was in when I wrote this one, but I could probably make an educated guess :-)
The third Sideburns script is in the can and with the over busy Mr Haward. It doesn't have a happy ending either.

No comments: