Friday, November 04, 2005


Judge Dredd Megazine is celebrating its 15th birthday and David Bishop is currently running a series of interviews charting the comic's history. In the latest issue I can be found commenting on the artist Lol, those nasty, nasty Megazine letters which appeared during my time, and the strip 'O'Rork', which came and went rather too quickly for my liking within its pages. This is Part 3 of a series of comment and interviews. Alas I wasn't quick enough to pick up the last issue from WH Smiths, which I'm sure would've featured me more and in particular Calhab Justice. Still it's strange being part of the firmament of something so longstanding, reading of my part in true bona fides British comics history. Christ on a bun, I must be getting old.

David Bishop was in fact my commissioning editor during my tenure on the Megazine. He gave me my first ever published (y'mean I get paid for this) commission and I'm grateful at least for that. It all ended badly though with the conclusion of Calhab Justice and a strip called Pandora, but I think that's another story for another time. David phoned up a few months ago to conduct the interview by telephone. And snippets of it can be found in the latest issue. Don't remember saying the word 'hairy' though.

No comments: